Monday, February 2, 2009

First Week at FPO

Well, we are at the SBC IMB ILC for FPO. What does al this mean? It means that every organization has it own peculiar set of acronyms. Let me explain what I just said.

We are at the Southern Baptist Conference International Mission Board International Learning Center for Field Personal Orientation.

Now isn’t the first sentence much easier to read using the acronyms? Just think, we have to learn a whole bunch of new terms and acronyms and believe me, these are used on a daily basis here. It’s like a foreign language.

We have finished our first week and have already learned so much. The high light of the week was the personal retreat we did Friday from 11:00am until 2:00pm. We were asked to not speak to anyone except God and listen to what He had to say to us. This was so refreshing. With our busy lifestyle here in the U.S. we seldom have three hours that we speak to no one except the Lord.

What He impressed on me was that time is so short. At my age, that kind of made me nervous. When you hear from God and He says your time is short. I started checking my pulse to make sure my heart was not skipping a beat or something. Actually, I hope, He was tell me that there are so many people that need to receive the good news that He loves them and died on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins. I must be more diligent in my witnessing to the lost.

I do not, let me rephrase that, I did not read much. I seldom read a book. I’m not proud of that but I read slowly and our microwave society did not give me much time for reading. I am proud to say that I have already read a book. It was given to us to read last Wednesday. That’s four day ago. I know that no big deal for most of you but it is for me.

I don’t want to bore you too much now so I will SFN and TTYL.

Oh yeah, that’s: I don’t want to bore you too much now so I will stop for now and talk to you later.

TTFN. You figure that one out.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Oh Happy Al...great to hear from you! What an awesome week you had. I know you are so happy to begin this life adventure. You and Claudia will be in my thoughts and prayers as you embark on your journey.